We pray you are well, and drawing near to God who loves to draw near to us (James 4:8). In this time of global pandemic, we wanted to bring you up-to-date on resources and opportunities available through Community Church to be Christ’s light and salt in this world.
We began regathering for our in-person services Sunday July 5, 2020. As we regather, we will maintain appropriate physical distancing, and in compliance with our local, county, and state elected officials guidelines, our Leadership Team asks that everyone wear a face mask to worship. We will provide face masks if you forgot yours. Seating will be limited to 50 people per service.
Please watch this short VIDEO to get an idea of what to expect as we regather together. We want to ensure that our time together in weekly worship is safe, joyful and glorifying to God while loving our neighbor by keeping them protected as we regather. Jesus told us that we love Him by caring for “the least of these brothers and sisters.” Let us make every effort to love one another in ways that care for the health and wellness of each person we meet. As always we seek the Lord’s guidance and remain open to adjusting this regathering plan if needed; “In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps” (Proverbs 16:9).
We invite any and all to “Know Christ” by joining us for weekly worship on Sunday mornings at 9:00 & 11:00 AM. Anyone who may not be ready to regather in person for various reasons, may continue to join us for worship online every Sunday morning. We will prerecord weekly worship services and have them available on our Cannon Beach Community Church YouTube Channel every Sunday morning by 10:30AM..
We invite you to “Grow in Christ together” through encouraging videos presented by our pastors, from Immerse readings by Associate Pastor Nathan, and Cloud Devotionals by Lead Pastor David or solo original piano compositions by our Lead Pastor David. On our church website, https://beachcommunity.org/ you will find an orange YouTube icon at the footer (bottom of the homepage) linking to these videos.
We invite you to “Grow in Christ together” weekly by joining a Grow Group, which are currently meeting either in the Fellowship Hall of the church, in homes, or by Zoom Video Conferencing. If you are not yet connected to a small group and would like to be, please call or e-mail the Church Office.
Finally, we invite you to “Go with Christ into our Community and World,” being Christ’s light and salt, making an eternal difference among family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, and people you meet every day. Because Covid-19 is still present in our county, state, nation and world, we encourage everyone to share God’s love wisely, using the public health best-practices recommended by our healthcare professionals. Yet, let us all be willing to enter the lives of unchurched people, prayerfully, relationally, socially, bringing Christ’s B.L.E.S.S.ing: Begin with prayer; Listen with care; Eat together; Serve with love; Share God’s story.
Please click on the following links to access resources that may be helpful in this time of crisis.
- Pastoral Letters
- PASTORAL LETTER AUGUST 21, 2020
- PASTORAL LETTER JULY 22, 2020
- PASTORAL LETTER JULY 10, 2020
- PASTORAL LETTER JUNE 12, 2020
- PASTORAL LETTER MAY 28, 2020
- PASTORAL LETTER MAY 6, 2020
- LEAD PASTOR DAVID’S LETTER MARCH 26, 2020
- LEAD PASTOR DAVID’S LETTER MARCH 16, 2020
- LEAD PASTOR DAVID’S LETTER MARCH 14, 2020
- Local Health Resources
- Clatsop County Department of Public Health https://www.co.clatsop.or.us/publichealth/page/coronavirus-what-you-need-know
- Seaside Providence Medical Center https://www.providence.org/patients-and-visitors/coronavirus-advisory/
- Columbia Memorial Hospital https://columbiamemorial.org/covid-19-updates/
- State and National Health Resources
- Oregon Health Authority https://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/DISEASESCONDITIONS/DISEASESAZ/Pages/emerging-respiratory-infections.aspx
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- American Red Cross https://www.redcross.org/about-us/news-and-events/news/2020/coronavirus-safety-and-readiness-tips-for-you.html
- Covenant Church Resources
- Other Resources
CALL TO PRAYER
Let’s daily continue to pray for God’s healing grace to be at work in our community, state, nation, and world, slowing the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), and bringing healing to the thousands of people who are suffering from this disease worldwide. May you know the power of God’s love, be filled with joy in Christ’s presence today, and in the weeks ahead, may we all prayerfully approach God’s throne with confidence, asking for God’s grace to help us in our time of need.