News from our Leadership Team: October 8, 2020
Thanks be to God for our godly leaders, including our 9 Elders and 9 Deacons, along with our Church Staff. These leaders meet monthly for study, prayer, and planning. Our Leadership Team and Deacon Team met on October 8, 2020, and began with spiritual formation by reading and discussing Pastor David’s devotional book Cloud Devotion.
Here are highlights of the October 2020 Leadership Team meeting.
- We are averaging over 250 people each Sunday in worship, including “in-house” worshipers and “online” worshipers. We began livestreaming both our Sunday Morning Worship services on September 20th.We offer four different worship experiences: Sunday 9am Contemporary Worship, Sunday 11am Classic Worship, Wednesday Evening 6pm Informal Worship before Grow Groups, and 1st Thursday 6pm Evensong Worship. In September, the Leadership Team elected Debbie Morris to serve as our Worship Elder, a position that was vacated in April.
- Community Church YouTube Channel: 94 Videos uploaded since March, including worship services, devotionals, podcasts, piano concerts, pastoral letters and more. Total YouTube Views: 10,000 since March. Total Subscribers: 117.
- Community Church website: In September, our newly redesigned Community Church website, https://beachcommunity.org, was relaunched, by approval of our Leadership Team.
- Immerse: We are currently going through Immerse/Messiah, the New Testament, including preaching through the Gospel of Matthew and the book of Hebrews. We launched Wednesday Eve Immerse Grow Groups in October, with about 30 people involved in three Grow Groups. This time on Wednesday evenings begins with 30 minutes of praise, worship and prayer. Our Leadership Team approved the Immerse plan for January through June 2021, going through Immerse–Prophets. Bibles (Immerse–Prophets)will be available to pick up in December. Everyone is encouraged to participate in an Immerse Grow Group.
- Media Upgrades: The church worked with Spectrum to upgrade the internet speed for improving our livestreaming and recording of worship services. The Leadership Team approved a Media Tech Proposal that includes these upgrades, along with new sound equipment to improve our video/livestream abilities.
- Financial news: September 30, 2020 contributions were $54,455.96 with a budgeted amount of $30,365.51. Year to date financial contributions were $336,021.61 with budgeted amount of $311,529.67, or about $25,000 more than budget. The year to date actual expenses were $286,473.94 with $310,659.67 having been budgeted, with reduced expenses due to Covid-19. The Lord is our supply!
- Building/Grounds: The Leadership Team approved a Landscaping Proposal covering contracting with Haystack Maintenance to do a major overhaul on our Church Landscaping, and approving the forming of a new Garden Team overseen by Building/Grounds Elder Eileen Nordquist to oversee landscape design and planting of bushes and flowering plants in our various church garden plots. Eileen Nordquist retained a Church Roofing Consultant who made recommendations for church roof repair. Eileen will obtain bids and have needed work completed by summer 2021. Leadership Team also approved plan for a church member to build a wooden Nativity display to be placed in NE corner of parking lot during Advent.
- Children’s Ministry: We began Sunday morning Children’s Ministry during 9am worship in October, following guidelines provided by our county and state public health agencies.
- Covid-19 Task Force: The Leadership Team approved forming a taskforce to report to the November Leadership Team with a COVID-19 Action Plan to be adopted for implementation of “best-practices/protocols” for public health, such as physical distancing, mask-wearing, hand-washing, wiping surfaces with disinfectant, and highest possible airflow inside church building whenever groups meet.
- Group Workout Classes: Leadership Team approved Erica Guenther to lead a six week group workout class at Church Parking Lot, beginning October 26.
- Cannon Beach Food Pantry: Leadership Team approved transfer of $7,500 contributed to the Food Pantry in the name of Community Church.
- Church Building Use Task Force: Leadership Team approved forming this taskforce to review church usage fees and guidelines. Taskforce members to include Elders Randy Walruff (Stewardship), Eileen Nordquist (Building/Grounds), Church Administrator Athena Dickau (Chair), and Brian Beggs (Member of Stewardship Team).