About Cannon Beach Community Church
What to Expect
We are a loving body of seekers and believers in Jesus Christ. Come as you are, knowing God loves you fully, wants to walk with you and help you grow in love. We believe in the transforming love of Jesus Christ to bring us deeper into life together with God and make us more in the image of Christ. You can expect to be welcomed by people as you come for worship.
Our three Sunday worship services (9am Contemporary; 11:00 Classic; 6 pm Evensong on the 1st Thursday of every month) invite you into life together with God through singing, praying, Scripture, life application teaching, meditating, celebrating the sacraments, sharing life with others, and stepping out to serve in love.
Taking Steps to Faith (ABC’s)
We invite you to take the first step of faith: accept God’s gifts of love, forgiveness and eternal life, given by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. Pray a simple prayer of faith:
Dear God, I need you in my life. I accept Jesus Christ, your One and Only Son, into my heart as Lord and Savior of my life. Thank you for forgiving me of all my sins, for dying on the cross to save me and for your victory over sin and death through your resurrection. Come into my life and lead me all the days of my life by your love and truth. Today, I accept you and choose to follow you as my Lord and Savior. I pray this prayer in the name of Jesus, Amen.
A second step, after accepting Christ into your life, is to actively belong to Christ’s Body the Church. We would love to meet with you, get to know you in person, and begin sharing life together with you. We would love to celebrate with you your new faith in Christ, or your rededication to Christ. If you have never been baptized, we invite you to celebrate the sacrament of Baptism here in Cannon Beach with the people of Cannon Beach Community Church. Here are a few ways of belonging:
- Join Cannon Beach Community Church.
- Participate in a “Covenant Life” Seminar.
- Join one of our Home Groups.
- Participate in a weekly Bible Study group, Adult Class or prayer group.
A third step of faith is to commit your life to daily spiritual formation and weekly active service for Christ Jesus in this world.
- Spiritual Formation in Christ: “So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness (Colossians 2:6-7).” We encourage you to commit to regular times of prayer, study of Scripture, and spiritual growth in Christ, both individually and together with others.
- Active Service for Christ: “This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. We ought to lay down our lives for one another (1 John 3:16).” We grow best when we give ourselves away to serve others in love. Cannon Beach Community Church offers a wide variety of ways of serving, both within the Church, in the community and around the world.